FlyShop 1864 Fly fly tying courses – course content
Call FlyShop 1864 www.flyshop1864.com.au for more details!
The courses have been structured to enable all skill levels to participate, and to teach take-away skills for tying better flies, and tying them easier. Some of the topics covered will include:
– Technique for tying durable bodies with peacock herl
– Tricks for tying deer-hair and Possum Shaving Brush ‘wings’ for better flotation and fish-catching
– Technique for tying in durable, non-slip parachute hackles
– Techniques for tying easy ‘porcupine’ hackles – the easy high-viz alternative to parachute hackles.
– Tying with deer-hair – bullet-heads and the WMD
– Correct techniques for tying with foam – glue, legs and the Chernobyl Ant
– The rules for using colour and UV reflective materials in flies
The course will cover many more topics along the way, and the day-to-day techniques that may be troubling you (such as dubbing!) will be covered through the course of tying the featured flies.
There’s no better thrill than catching a fish on a fly of your own design. Come and join us to learn more about how to do it.